Brown, Barbara Ruth
Brown, Barbara Ruth
May 11, 1946 — July 14, 2019
Barbara Ruth Brown, 73, went home to be with her Lord July 14, 2019, 8:09 P.M. at Homestead of Olathe Memory Care, Olathe, Kansas following a difficult struggle with Alzheimer’s.
Barbara was born in 1946 in Victoria, Texas to Harvey and Doris Wallace. She was married to Gary Lon Brown April 20, 1985 in Kansas City, Missouri. She and Gary spent many picnics around Kansas City including Park Lawn Memorial Park’s beautiful lake. Before starting a long career as a wife and mother, she reached the top of her previous field as an administrative assistant to a corporate officer at Marion Labs down the hall from Mr. Kauffman. After early retirement, she stayed busy caring for her husband, daughter Ali and gardening. She also did some part-time preschool teaching and spent several years caring for some children in our home that were special to her.
Barbara loved Jesus, family, and others, and enjoyed music, crafts, and gardening. She loved to praise God with raised hands during corporate song worship. She was very patriotic and appreciated people serving in public office at all levels.
Barbara, the oldest of seven children, was preceded in death by her parents, Harvey and Doris Wallace. She is survived by her husband Gary Lon Brown; children Chantel Noshirwaniand Alexandria Brown; three grandchildren; numerous nieces/nephews; and siblings Linda Wallace, Wayne Wallace, Doris Lorraine Randal, Pat Farnsworth, Joyce Wallace, and Larry Wallace.
The visitation at 12:30 P.M. and funeral at 2:00 P.M. will be Saturday, July 20, 2019 at Abundant Life, Admin Building, 414 SW Persels Rd, Lee's Summit, MO 64081. Burial will be at Park Lawn Memorial Park, 8251 Hillcrest Rd, KCMO 64138.
- In lieu of flowers, please send donations to:
Rachel House (https://rachelhousefriends.org/), 1260 NE Windsor Drive,
Lee’s Summit, MO 64086
- If Not For Grace (http://www.infg.org/), PO Box #6555, 1951 NE Rice Road,
Lee's Summit, MO 64064
- Alzheimer's Association (https://www.alz.org/), 225 N. Michigan Ave., Fl. 17, Chicago, IL 60601
Special thanks to the following:
- God for His steadfastness in holding me close through this long goodbye!
- Barbara’s many home caregivers for helping us including past palliative care companies!
- Family, friends and neighbors that visited and provided meals and assistance at home as well as prayers and words of encouragement!
- YRC Worldwide (http://www.yrcw.com/) bosses and coworkers for being so patient and understanding!
- Our Cracked Pots Bible study class for their outpouring of love, meals and care!
- Our Abundant Life (https://abundantlifels.com) church family for their outpouring of love, prayers and encouragement!
- Homestead of Olathe Memory Care (https://www.midwest-health.com/olathe-memory-care/) for their special environment of family, love and care!
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care (http://kansashc.com/) for their extra special help during Barbara’s final months on earth!
- And finally for all those I forgot to at least reference if not mention, thank you!
The visitation at 12:30 P.M. and funeral at 2:00 P.M. will be Saturday, July 20, 2019 at Abundant Life, Admin Building, 414 SW Persels Rd, Lee’s Summit, MO 64081. Burial will be at Park Lawn Memorial Park, 8251 Hillcrest Rd, KCMO 64138.